Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Write from the point of view of a stack of paper a few inches away from the shredder.

I am a stack of paper sitting a few inches away from a desctuctable paper shredder. I am not too scared because i am a stack of post-it notes. Who would want to shred a beautiful stack of post-it notes? I know i wouldn't.The person who writes down little blurbs on me rips off my layers faster than if he was pealing an union. Little parts of me are scattered around the room hanging on the wall, stuck to a computer screen, smooshed in between a book and crinkled up in the garbage. The only time i do get scared is when his four year old daughter comes into the office unsupervised. Its like her favorite past time to sneak away from who ever she is with and come to the office to watch her shred by big brother paper pile, Stack. I hear his faint cries for help but nothing can be done, as for i am a stack of post-its. I fear that one day my post-it width is going to look appealing to her and want to shred me like she does to Stack. The only problem is that Stack has it easy. There is about 500 layers of him and about 50 layers of me that are about 1/10th his size. Being smaller and less plentiful means that i am more vulnerable to this four year old tormentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment